You will receive your own personal membership card. Please scan your card each time you visit the Y. If you forget your card, please wait until the Member Service Staff attendant verifies your membership. Lost membership cards will be replaced for $5.
Children must be age 8 or older to be in the facility without a supervising adult unless the child is enrolled in a YMCA Program.
Health and Safety
Please consult with your physician before beginning and exercise program.
The YMCA facility and grounds are smoke and tobacco free environments. Smoking is prohibited.
The YMCA has three locker rooms. The Men’s Locker room is for use by males age 19 and up. The Youth Locker room is for use by boys up to age 19. The Women’s Locker room is for use by females of all ages. Children age 5 and under may accompany a parent of the opposite sex into the locker room. If a parent needs to bring a child of the opposite sex in to the locker room, please announce yourself so the other members may cover themselves for modesty.
Available lockers in the locker rooms may be used during your visit. Please bring a lock and lock your locker. The YMCA is not responsible for stolen or lost property. At the end of your visit, please remove your lock and your belongings from the locker. Lockers are available to rent on a monthly basis. Please inquire at the Member Service Desk.
The women’s and men’s locker rooms are equipped with steam rooms for adult use only. Children are not permitted to use the steam rooms.
A pool schedule is available in the lobby or CLICK HERE.
- All swimmers must wear proper swim attire.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- No food or drink.
- No running.
- Lifeguards must be obeyed at all times.
- Only PFDs approved by the lifeguard on duty are allowed
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All members must behave responsibly.
A gym schedule is available in the lobby or on CLICK HERE. Our gym will close on occasion for special events which will be posted in advance.
- No food, drink, gum or tobacco
- Foul language will not be tolerated
- No hats or jeans
- Proper gym attire required
- Must wear appropriate footwear
- No hard soles, sandals, or boots
- Only non-marking athletic shoes
All YMCA members age 13 and older are eligible to be instructed in the proper use of the strength and cardiovascular machines. Ages 13 and 14 must be accompanied by a responsible adult when using the wellness center. Ages 15 and up may work out independently.
- Athletic shoes required
- Proper clothing, no jeans
- No hats, please
- Use towels and disinfectant to wipe machines after each use
- When members are waiting, there is a 25 minute limit on all cardiovascular equipment.
- Please allow members to “work in” between your sets.
- Please ask a member of the Wellness Staff for instruction.
- Members Age 13 and 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under age 13 are not permitted in the Wellness Center.
- Please obey directional signs and posted rules.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted on the track without adult supervision.
- Athletic shoes are required.
- No food.
- Only water is permitted.
- Climbing is forbidden.
- Must be 13 or older
- Please wipe equipment with disinfectant and towel after each use
- Please rack your weights after use
Lost & Found
The YMCA is not responsible for lost and stolen property. However, we do keep lost and found items when possible. Items will be kept for a reasonable amount of time and then donated to another charity if left unclaimed.
The Oil City YMCA uses the following discipline policy when dealing with incidents that may occur in the YMCA or on YMCA property. Examples include but not limited to the following: using tobacco products, spitting, inappropriate language, fighting, defacing property, theft, or any behavior that does not follow the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- 1st offense—list privileges for the day. (must leave)
- 2nd offense—1 week without Y privileges.
- 3rd offense—Y privileges suspended indefinitely.
Membership or guest fees will not be refunded.