The YMCA will RE-OPEN JUNE 8th.
COVID-19 Membership Update 5/27/20
WE ARE RE-OPENING – JUNE 8
The YMCA will be opening our doors to our members on Monday, June 8. We are excited to welcome you back to the Y.
We’ve been carefully planning to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most.
We’re following guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community.
We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe physical/social distancing practices.
- Members must wear masks when entering our facility, but not during workouts. Those with medical reasons will not be required to wear a mask. We will not ask you to protect your privacy.
- Staff and members must pass through temperature checks and be fever free to access the facility.
- Please call ahead or use our app to utilize the YMCA in June. Members can utilize areas of the Y in 45 minute blocks/4 days per week. App will allow scheduling a week in advance. Walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Youth will be permitted to utilize the gym with an adult family member.
- Please bring your own water bottle, sweat towel and/or shower towel.
- Locker Rooms will not be open for use, except for lap swimmers.
- Guests will not be permitted to use the YMCA until further notice.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of the facility will occur every hour for 15 minutes.
- Some cardio machines will be temporarily out of service in our wellness center to promote social distancing.
- Clorox wipes will be available in the wellness center, restrooms and lobby area. Extra hand sanitizer available in hallways. Paper towels have been added to restrooms.
- Some areas and services will be temporarily unavailable including coffee service, water exercise classes, child watch, indoor sports, indoor group exercise, rentals and activities.
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community. We assure you, these changes are temporary.
Jim Carner, Scenic Rivers YMCA Board Chair
Tom Spence, Scenic Rivers YMCA CEO
COVID-19 Membership Update 3/27/20
As you know, the Y is a non-profit that operates branches, child care sites, a camp, and community spaces. Having to temporarily close our physical sites has put us in a challenging position and we are concerned about our ability, as a Y, to continue to serve and come out on the other side of this in a position to help the communities we cherish. It’s unavoidable that we will have to make some tough decisions that will impact our team in order to preserve the Y for future generations, however every single commitment of support from you will help. We know you are dealing with all the same things we are and we are thankful to have you with us, even if just in spirit.
What we know for sure is when this pandemic finally starts to slow, the services we provide at the Y will be needed like never before.
Considering all that needs to be done to help our community get back on its feet and healthy has made it difficult to figure out the best course of action for our members and our staff. So, we’re here to offer you three options to support your Y and we hope one or a combination will work for you. Please note these options are for April 2020; we’ll communicate similar options to you for May in the event that our state-mandated closure continues. You can select whichever one works best for you and your families.
Stay With Us – Membership Options
Remain an Active Y Member
By continuing to pay 100% of your membership dues, you will help us to be financially solvent during this chaotic time, build Y resources for when we do reopen, build new programs to support you and your family.
With this option, your membership dues become tax-deductible donations to the YMCA. When our YMCA is able to reopen, you can request a tax letter for the amount you donated. If you choose this option, no action is required.
Membership Freeze – No joiner fees when we resume operation.
This option places your membership on hold until we re-open. To place your bank draft on HOLD, please email email@example.com by Wednesday, April 15, otherwise your membership dues will be processed on April 25, 2020.
If you pay quarterly or yearly, you can request a membership extension for the number of days we were closed.
If you need to change your membership while we are temporarily closed, we understand. Again, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go Above & Beyond
If you would like to donate additionally to help fund the Y’s efforts to provide the best possible Y experiences when we re-open, you can make a donation on our website or by mail. Any amount is valued and appreciated.
We have the opportunity, right now, to decide what the future looks like.
Most importantly, this is not forever. We’re standing by you during this difficult time and ask that you stand by us as well. There’s a bright future ahead, but the only way we get there is together.
Thanks for #StayingWithUs
Scenic Rivers YMCA
OIL CITY YMCA
7 Petroleum street
Oil City, PA 16301
Sign up for Our Newsletter & Promotions