Group Exercise & Fitness
Did you know that we offer Child Watch for children ages 8 months to 8 years while their parents work out in the YMCA facility?
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. This service is FREE FOR YMCA MEMBERS, $2 per hour per child for non-members.
Find all the details about our programs for adults by reading below. Please CLICK HERE for a printable version of our Program Bulletin.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR YMCA PROGRAMS:
- You may register in person by stopping by the YMCA Member Service Desk.
- You may register on this web site by clicking the On-Line Registration button found on the top of this page.
- You may download and print some registration forms at www.oilcityymca.org/resources and mail the completed form along with your payment.
- You may call us at 677-3000. Please have your credit card ready.
Choose your combination of classes. Participate in one or all listed below for one fee. The fee for the monthly session is $15 for members and $30 for non-members. The cycling classes are held in the cycling studio, all other classes are in the fitness studio.
CLICK HERE for the Monthly schedule.
Class schedule subject to change based on class attendance. Please follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date information.
Group Exercise Classes: CLICK HERE for full descriptions.
The class begins with dynamic stretches, which warm the body and increase flexibility through movement. Restorative stretch helps maintain mobility, prevent injury and increase physical performance.
Designed for all fitness levels, POUND® provides the perfect atmosphere for letting loose, getting energized, toning up and rockin’ out! The workout is easily modifiable and appeals to men and women of all ages and abilities.
Burn calories and improve cardiovascular endurance in this non-impact class. Class provides motivating music and is modified for all levels!
Our body bar class emphasizes full-body conditioning through every range of motion. This class focuses on muscular strength, stamina, and agility.
Challenge to Change
An interval class that mixes cardio and strength training. Target a variety of muscle groups with each exercise. Modifications will be provided for all levels.
Cycle + Core
Cycle for minutes and burn calories and improve cardiovascular endurance in this non-impact class. Class provides motivating music and is modified for all levels. Cycling is followed by a 15-minute ab blaster that targets abdominals.
Build Strength and endurance throughout the entire body. Each movement incorporates a variety of muscle groups which will create a leaner, tighter figure.
Yoga – Wednesday 5:30—6:30 pm
Yoga is held in 6-week sessions with Tracy Pettit! Purchase a YOGA package for $25/members or $50 for Non-members. Drop in for $5/members or $10/non-members per session.
- Fall Session: Oct. 23—Nov. 27 **Yoga is NOT included in Group Exercise Package .
SilverSneakers Fitness Program
The nation’s leading fitness program for older adults. Available to qualified members of a participating Medicare health plan. Check with your health plan provider to see if you qualify. Ask at the YMCA Membership Desk for details.
Monthly Fee for the following SilverSneakers® classes: free for YMCA Members, SilverSneakers® and Silver and Fit Members, $25 for non-members.
- SilverSneakers® Classic – Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a SilverSneakers® ball are offered for resistance. A chair is available if needed for seated or standing support. Please wear athletic shoes, comfortable clothes and bring a bottle of water. Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:15 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- SilverSneakers® Circuit—Combine fun with fitness to increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance power with a standing circuit workout. Upper body strength work with hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a SilverSneakers® ball are alternated with low-impact aerobic choreography. A chair is used for standing support, stretching and relaxation exercises. Please wear athletic shoes, comfortable clothes and bring a bottle of water. Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Healthy & Fit Strength Training – Have fund and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activities for daily living. Hand held weights, elastic tubing, and a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance. A chair is available if needed for seated or standing support. Thursdays 11:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- SilverSneakers® Splash—Activate your urge for variety. Splash offers fun, shallow-water movement to improve agility and flexibility while addressing cardiovascular, strength and endurance conditioning. No swimming ability is required and a special SilverSneakers® kickboard or other aquatic equipment is used to improve strength, balance and coordination. Please wear water shoes and bring water in a plastic bottle. Monday, Wednesday and Friday 11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
Sign up for Our Newsletter & Promotions